This became a fast favorite in my home. It’s flavorful and so easy! It’s been added to our rotation of dinner ideas.
This is one of those dishes that will bring everyone out by the smell. The bonus is it tastes as good as it smells with the layers of chicken, gravy, tortillas and cheese. It’s guaranteed to be a new family favorite.
There are many ways you can serve this, one of which is by using rotisserie chicken. I can whip this dinner up in 15 minutes by using rotisserie chicken.
This easy dinner idea is packed with flavor that will please the picky eaters to the ones who don’t like a lot going on in their mouth. It’s the perfect balance.
The ingredients in this dish are simple enough that you might even have most of them in your home.
- Cream of chicken soup
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Chicken broth
- Tomatoes with green chilies
- Chicken breast
- Corn tortillas
- Cheddar cheese
How to make King’s Ranch Chicken
Mix together the soups, onions and the tomatoes. Set them aside.
Layer in a 9X13 pan chicken, tortillas, soup and onion mixture and top with cheese.
Bake for an hour or until it’s bubbly.
Now, if you’re looking for a crunch, which I always seem to be looking for a nice crunch, you can leave out the tortillas in the dish. Once it’s done cooking, you can serve it with chips and kind of use it as a chicken dip with chips. It’s AMAZING.
Another way you can eat this that’s good is to again leave out the tortillas, bake it and then serve it in tortillas like a chicken taco.
If you’ve never made this dish, you need to. And then you need to come back and tell me what variation you made because it’s always fun to hear what meals people eat and how they served it to their family.
Thanks for being here, in this space with me. It brings me so much joy providing for my family (even though I hate cooking) and to be able to help others do the same for their own family just fills me with joy.
- Dinner idea: Slow cooker Italian Chicken
- Burrito in a jar
- Homemade Onion Soup Mix
- Homemade Cake Mix
King Ranch Chicken
- 1 can Cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup Chicken broth
- 1/2 can Tomatoes with green chilies
- 4 Chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 11 Corn tortillas cut into 6 pieces each
- 1 Onion medium
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together soups, broth and tomatoes. Set aside.
- In a greased 9X13 casserole dish.
- Layer the chicken, tortillas, onion soup mixture and top with cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour or until mixture is bubbly.
- You can use chicken breasts, or I will sometimes use shredded chicken from rotisserie chicken. If you use fully cooked chicken in place of raw chicken breasts, cook until cheese is melted. Usually 20-30 minutes.
- Another fun option is instead of layering in the tortillas, leave them out. Cook as directed. Then serve the chicken over tortilla chips, rolled up in tortillas or even as a dip with chips which is my preference.